The State Options configurations provide an ability for the admin user to configure if the state value is required for specific countries. For countries where the state is not required, the field can be omitted entirely from the address or included as an optional field.
- 1.On the Admin sidebar, go to Stores > Settings > Configuration.
- 2.Under General in the left panel, choose General.
- 3.Expandthe State Options section and set your preferences.
- 4.When complete, click Save Config.
- 5.Flush cache storage:
For the changes with State Options to appear on the front-end:
1.On the Admin sidebar, go to System > Tools > Cache Management
2. Choose Flush Cache Storage.